Oct 27, 2006

A Well Balanced Engine

A Well Balanced Engine
Elliot and Turblown sent the engine internals out to another shop for the balancing and it almost killed me. I waited 5 weeks for the balancing to get done. The shop had balanced MANY engines, but never done a rotary before. They were suprised to learn that the rotary engine can be upto 50 GRAMS off balance and still be considered 'with-in spec.' After much anticipation, I FINALLY got the internals back, and they are now with in 10 grams. This will make a supurb difference in reaching my Torque goals and even a bigger difference in the reliability of this motor.

I'd also like to point out my new ACT clutch (pressure plate shown here). Thanks Elliot. My old one was toasted, and Elliot sold me this one for a bargin. The fly wheel was balanced with the plate on it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:56 PM

    See, now someone has commented in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:36 PM

    danmthatshot

    ReplyDelete