Nov 10, 2008

Fun Fuel Follies

Fun Fuel Follies

The 7 has been in the shop for a while with some issues we just couldn't seem to track down. The biggest problem has been fuel pressure. I busted one stock fuel pressure regulator so we began to track down the issues. We found fuel pressure to be 20 psi too high on start up, and more than that under load. After opening up the fuel tank to get to the pump, we noticed the tank was rusting out... AGAIN. This is the second tank to rust on me. Just to clarify, I live in Arizona... in the desert!!! I'm tired of replacing tanks so on the third tank, I grabbed some POR15 fuel tank sealer and sealed this bad boy up. No pics, but it was an easy process, but hard work. After that, I ordered a new fuel pump. The old Walbro was very load, and had varied fuel pressure.




TWICE PIPES




Now that I have the T04E, my 3.5" to 2.5" exhaust is useless. It's choking up my spool time and creating unnecessary back pressure. I changed to a 3.5" midpipe where the Magnaflo used to be, and then split to two 2.5" pipes with Apexi mufflers on the tips. It changes the whole stance of my car and makes it look much more aggressive. The only down side is, it's much louder too.




So What Series is This?





I know she's a bit dusty. She's been hanging out at the shop for too long. Anyway, I found the last pieces for my complete Series 5 interior swap. The rubber S5 radio surround really finishes off the dash. I've got to do a little work to get the idiot surround to fit with an S4 idiot cluster. But the rear hatch cover really sells the conversion!! I was so stoked to get this for $15!!!!!! It's in great shape, but needs just one stud on the passenger side to hold it in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment